Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW 6.5 "Frequent Contacts" corrupt addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikes999

MIS
Oct 17, 2000
US
We have recently migrated to GW6.5 on both PO's and clients. It appears that the GW client corrupts external addresses in Frequent Contacts folder: it sends mail outside fine from the message window by typing in the "to" field internet:mikes999@yahoo.com, but if I want to resend mail to the same address by selecting just entered contact from the Frequent Contacts book, it's trying to send mail to mikes999@com.yahoo, and fails.

No such behaviour on old 5.5 clients (we still have some left, myself included).

In exported Frequent Contacts book, the "good" records look like:

"mikes999@yahoo.com",Primary.Internet...

The "bad" ones look like:

"mikes999", "com", Primary.Internet, "yahoo".

Any input will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

M.S>

Did You have any joy with this problem as it sounds very similar to a problem we are having with random undeliverables to external addresses.

Ben

It appears that doing maintenance on mailboxes improves things a bit - I didn't have this problem since our GW admin ran it on mine.

I've also upgraded client to 6.5, though.

Good luck...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back