Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW 6.5 Client Crash on New Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtcerisier

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2004
US
I have one user out of about 25 groupwise users who in Groupwise 6.5, when she clicks the New button to compose an email, regardless of the workstation she is logged on to, crashes the groupwise client. Groupwise works fine for all other users, just not her. She can manage all of her folders, view all of her incoming and saves messages, but cannot compose any messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Marc Cerisier
Our Lady Academy
Bay St. Louis, MS

try running the structual check on her mail account from console one.

I had this issue on a workstation. I started with making certain the databases were ok, and not corrupt. When that failed to work I ran GWCLEAN, yeah you can use it with GW 6.5. Then reinstalled the client with no integrations and it worked like a champ.

Tamra Graver --CNA, Network+
It is my job to comfort the disturbed
and disturb the comfortable..........

GWClean is a GroupWise/Exchange Message Extraction tool. While some will tell you it is ok to run this for removing the GW 6.5.x client , others are set against running this tool. I myself take no sides since I have not used this utility. Whenever I need to remove the GW client (v6.5.1) from a workstation I have our Technicians use "CleanIt 2.0". It takes all of 10 seconds or less to run the CleanIt utility.

I have listed a couple of sites below that 1)Will explain GWClean and 2)Will give you a download site of CleanIt 2.0 and a short description. Have a good one!

1)
2)
FarOut
V-Peace-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back