Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW 6.5 and Blackberry integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

acs97

MIS
Aug 3, 2007
US
Hi all,

I would like to get my email coming into GW6.5 at work sent onto my personal Blackberry. I've set up other email accounts to send to by blackberry and they work perfect, but those email accounts are not using GW. I am working for a new public school district and I cannot set up the GW account on my Blackberry Internet Service website. I can access my GW account via the internet, if that helps someone give me a fix. My IT person tells me it is going to cost thousands of dollars because we would have to purchase some hardware components, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

acs97

Your IT guy is right. You would have to build a Blackberry Server at your work (which I am doing even as we speak).

You can download the small business edition (free from blackberry) comes with one user license and good for up to 15 blackberries. Each additional license is $100.00. You just have to have a server you can load the software onto.

What is the minimum spec for the Blackberry server? CPU/RAM/Disk/OpSys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back