Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW 2012 Attachment Save As - Do not retain previous save place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

minicompbx

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2011
CA
Hello,

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and Groupwise 2012.

I recently find out that when I have many attached file and I want to save in a folder in some location.

For every file I want to save, I have give to give the location manually. It does not retain the previous save location.

When I have lot of files, it takes lot a time...

Is their any solution that you guys have.

Thank you.

p.s For sending the attachments, it retain the previous location.

Go to Tools --> Options --> Environment --> File Locations.. There is an option for Save, Checkout... It's probably blank, and that defaults I believe to the GroupWise temp directory. If you set it to say, my documents, it will use that as a starting point.

However, I would like to say that on my Win 7 x64 system running GW2012 client, It does keep the last used save location. At least within the same session (Didn't login/logout). One thing to be aware of is that there are 4 or 5 different ways you can go about "Saving" an attachment. Novell did implement a new "Save As" dialog for GW2012, and during the beta I noticed that it was not necessarily consistent across methods. It depended largely on which method you use. I tried to point this out to Novell but I don't remember if they changed anything based on that feedback and I've never gone back to test each method.

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

I already did what you said, but even it does not work. As you said, I put the starting location in File location option to Desktop. So, it remain all the time same.

The user want that option to make it work, but I cannot find any solution. In the meantime, I told him to make a drag and drop to save his files which works very well for me, but the user seem not liking it. He want his old method to work.

I will try to re-install GW2012 and let you what happen. I have also XP 32bit with GW2012 and it happen the same problem.

If you any other solutions please let me know and by the way, thank you for your kind answer even after long time.

Must not be a pressing issue - 4 months later!!!

Any more GW client updates or BETAs you could try since your original post?

No, it is not that important but i would like to fix this issue for the user and other user who will need it.
Recently, Novell publish GW 2008 update. I am trying it and let you know if that fix the problem.
Better late than never.

If you're not aware already GW2012 SP1 was released recently. At a minimum you should install and see if your experience is improved. Sometimes things we find/report in Beta don't make it in first release, sometimes it takes a service pack or more.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Yes, we have the update and we are now testing the update before installing on the user pc.
Thank for your support.

Hello Guys,

Good news, I just installed the update GW2012 SP1, it seems working so far...
Thank's for the all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back