Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guys, need your help with downed 2250 console 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT1

Technical User
Apr 6, 2002
Our attendant console is down here. Down, as in no power. I've disabled it, enabled it with no luck. Re-punched the cross conects, unplugged it, re-seated teh card in the switch, etc. Still nothing.

What I need to know, is how can I put appearances of the main number (6000) on a 3904 phone that is also on her desk? Or can I have it forwarded to that 3904? If so, how can I adjust the amount of rings before it forwards.

Once again, thank you in advance!

Tommy

Tommy
why not put the console into hight service while you sort out or chang out the console
LD 15
req...chg
type ...nit
cust ...x
NIT xxxx (extn next to reception)
you may want to see what NIT is programmed to first,, do this in LD 21
req prt
type nit
cust x
hope this helps

colin Colin

Colin,

Thanks man!

Apparently the console went down over night, because it was in night mode already. Which is good, because there is NO power to the console right now.

The NIT was set for another secretary, so I offered to change it to that back-up phone that was there.

Once again, you guys kisk ass! Thank you!

Tommy

I'm not sure if you've already tried this but our 2250 console has two TNs. If you print out the TNB, you'll see a second TN listed. You might want to make sure both are punched properly. If I'm not mistaken the second TN is for power.

EX:

req: PRT
type: DNB
cust: 0
DN 0
DATE
PAGE
DES

DN 0
TYPE ATT
TN 020 0 03 11 19 OCT 2000
(2250)

----------------------------------------------------------

req: PRT
type: TNB
TN: 20 0 3 11
DATE
PAGE
DES

TN 020 0 03 11
TYPE 2250
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
SGRP 0
SETN 020 0 03 12
ANUM 01
IADN
ALPD NO
SSU 0001
ICDR ICDD
ABAN ABDD
CPND CNDA
AADN
DNDI DNDD
DAPC DAPA
LANG 00
KEY 00 BVR
KEY 01 BIN
KEY 02 EES
KEY 03 PRK
KEY 04 SSC 0001
KEY 05 DCW
KEY 06 ADL
KEY 07 ADL #
KEY 08 MIK
KEY 09 MCK
KEY 10
KEY 11
KEY 12
KEY 13
KEY 14
KEY 15
KEY 16
KEY 17
KEY 18
KEY 19
DATE 19 OCT 2000

If you repunched, reseated the card, chances are that either 1. the card associated witht the console is bad, try putting the console in a different card slot ... or the console itself got fried, try another console if you have one. Good luck.

LOL wanna know what it was?

I coulda SWORE that the 25 pair coming from the phone room was a home run to the console. I woulda bet money on it.

It wasn't a home run and there was a male end hooked up to a female end, to connect the 2 cables (obviously).

Well, my dumb a$$ didn't even think to look for that. And that's what it turned out to be. Cleaning person musta knocked it loose over night.

Yeah, big dumb a$$ over here. LOL

*makes L shape on forhead*

That's too funny!! Don't you hate it when it's the simple stuff! BTW.. that exact same thing happened to me last year....

I thought advertising was barred from these forums. That was one of the main reasons I signed up !

You just experience a common occurrence with janitors and other clean-up crews that come in after hours to do thier jobs. Check any jacks, connectors, cabling etc. that lie on or are installed too close to the floors. The liquid they use to clean floors and carpets can be strong enough to corrode plastic and even metals, especially amphthenols and and any RS or DB type connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back