Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guide to Creating Scripts for SV8300? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiacomo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2004
US
I'm a freshly minted and certified SV8300 tech (been in telecom for 12 years, NEC for about 6, never IPK/NEAX/etc).

I'd ask the nice folks at NTAC, but I don't want to look *too* stupid. Is there a guide (even on NTAC website) for creating SV8300 scripts? I've skimmed through the manuals and there are several references, but no guides, guidelines, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!
-C.

The better you know Excel, the easier it is!

Column A is the command column for example 1201, column B is the next field of the command structure so in this example the extn number say 200, column C is the setting data so in this example say 22, column D is blank and because we need the correct number of columns I always put an * in column E. You can use the drag and fill feature in Excel to populate the columns. You then use the save as feature to save it as a .CSV file.

Now this is why you need the asterisk in column E as when it saves the file in .CSV format it will save the fields only to the last column with an entry in it and the Mach Script editor needs to see the correct number of fields. Also because it is saved in .CSV format you have to avoid using commas in the entries (.CSV fields are delimited by commas) so for example when doing a script for Dterm keys I enter the key as eg 200x01 substituting an x for the comma. When you have imported the script into the Mach Script editor you can use the replace feature in there to change the x to a comma. The .CSV file will import directly to the Mach Script editor.

Now a few traps for the unwary, you either have to format the columns as text or in numbers (such as LEN numbers) that start with a 0 you have to prefix them with a ~ ( that is shift and the key to the left of 1 on the keyboard)or you will find preceeding zeros disappear. It also means that you can't just open a .CSV file in excel to modify it. If you need to go back into a .CSV file use the "Import External Data" feature in Excel and import the columns as text.

Don't forget that you can either use the list up feature in matworx to get information such as a list of all extensions or you can simply use MOC and step through the LENs highlight the text in the MOC window then copy and paste it into notepad. you can then use the "Import External Data" feature in Excel to get the data into Excel (nb it is easier to use fixed width fields when doing this as you can separate the prompts into their own columns which can just be deleted after import) also to get rid of the F in front of Dterms and the - at the end (don't try to use a column to get rid of the - as the data at the end can be of variable length) use the replace feature and simply leave the "replace with" field blank.

Have a play and if you need more information just ask!

You could also use the copy features in PCPro. Set up one station and then copy it to the others. Make individual changes afterward.

OzzieGeorge!

This was perfect... I've been able to script function keys, call forward busy, DIDs, etc.

Thank you so much for your help. NEC needs to document this better (for SV8300). I'm considering going back to read some of the older docs on NEAX, etc.

I have another question, but will ask in another thread.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back