Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guide for creating RIS image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredNoB

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
GB
Can anyone point me in the direction of an idiots guide to creating an XP RIS image? thanks

I was looking for a reference guide to help with small minor problems I encountered and if it cant be found in these forums then it aint out there! I'm going to upgrade to Server 2003 shortly so this may iron out the issues I had. Thanks.

That's a good start. RIS had some issues with Server 2000 that had to be patched etc. Minor problems can be solved with those Microsoft articles. I am currently compiling a book for publishing on RIS simply because there isn't one. We have been using it on our network for over a year now, and have had great success. So much that I have other states that are coming to see our setup and implementatino on our part. If you run into problems, just post them here, if I can be of help, just let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back