Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GUI options for Catalyst Switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkraut

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2003
US
I noticed that Cisco offers a product called Catalyst Switch Manager but that it only runs on Solaris!?!?
Is the HTTP Web interface the only other option for GUI Catalyst management on a Cisco Cat 4006? Thx! David@Rocketmail.com

Cisco Works 2000 Cisco View is like a GUI interface. But I'm sure if you check, you can get CSM in a Windows application.

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Go to the Cisco site and search in the software>tools area. The CSM works with Win2K/WinXP. You will need to update the Java agent, but it work great. I've been using it for about 3 years now. Make sure your IE or Netscape is the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back