Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

guest voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckey22

Instructor
Nov 18, 2003
US
I have set up 5 extensions for guest voice mail. These do not have a phone extension and are only for voice mail. How do I "activate" them? When I call them I get a busy signal.

Sorry I forgot to say this is a Merlin Legend.

When you sent up an adjunct/phantom, you need to COVER it or SSA it to a destination: phone or cover group or install the MFM. Otherwise the system sees it as not-in-service busy.

In your case your need to cover it to your VoiceMail group.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Well - there are some differences - depending on what messaging system you have. What do you have? Is it a Legend 007 MLM? a Merlin Mail R3.0? a Magix Messaging?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

This is a Merlin Legend Voice Messaging release 3.

Dave (buckey22)

When you chose these "nonexistant" numbers - where did you pick thme from? You should use/renumber actual unequipped adjunct extention numbers for these mailboxes. Did you also include these "phantom" extention numbers in your voicemail cover group (usually 30)? What class of service did you assign to these voicemail boxes?

A second alternative with the older voicemail module - is to make them class of service 18 (general mailboxes). That way an outside caller using the AA to dial the extention will go right to the voicemail box. The salespeople can check there mail, by pressing *7 when the AA answers and then dial their mailbox number. They can access them internally by dialing voicemail and then entering the mailbox ext number.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

It is the add to voice mail cover grooup I did not do. I will try that before any thing else. I did this 2 years ago but can't find notes.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back