Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guest Voicemail boxes going directly to GDMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jussis

MIS
Aug 25, 2015
US
4 port callpilot 150
PRI
CCR
AA

I have 5 lines (27xx) that I would like to have guest mailboxes on (no phone - virtual DN 37xx). Thing is that I think that these lines need to be within our calling plan (within range 2700-2799) as they need to ring as normal DID lines (we need these lines to ring when called and more than just transferring calls into these guest mailboxes). Currently each of these lines are routing into the GDMB when called (transferring works fine).

I've attempted to create:
subscriber mailboxes (27xx) with no extension with no luck.
subscriber mailboxes with 37xx box numbers and 27xx extensions, no luck.

Any suggestions?

You need to enter the target line in the message line field of the mailbox.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

YES!!!
Once I was able to discover the 3 digit (DN or TN) number that went with the DID line number, I was able to enter it in to the target line and it worked like a charm. I was able to create the box number (27xx) that was within my calling plan (didn't have to use 37xx as a virtual number / which was cool).

Thank you so much for your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back