Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guest Login Phone Not Logging Back In

Status
Not open for further replies.

jraykc

MIS
Dec 21, 2007
US
Hello all,

I've setup the "Guest Login" feature and it seems to be working as designed for the most part.

The only issue I'm having is that the phone with the guest login feature does not log back in with its extension after the login time expires or if the user logs back into their desk phone.

It just sits there with the gray screen that says "Extension in use. # to register."

I can get the phone to log itself back in if I press the "#" button then "cancel" twice but that won't work. Really need it to log back in automatically.

Anybody have any ideas what the problem might be?

Using CM 6 with 9620 phones.

Thanks everyone.

Communication Manager 6.0.1 (DL360 G7)
Modular Messaging 5.2 (S3500)

Correction:

The phone does not log back in with its extension when the user logs back into their desk phone before the expiration time.
It does work correctly at the end of the expiration time.

Thanks again.

I'm having the same problem. I don't know how wide spread the issue is, because we only here from the occassional person, but the problem does exist. I can't figure out why it's not logging people out when the time has expired. I'll be interested in seeing responses to these questions.

I just received a response from Avaya. Doesn't make sense to me why it would be designed to work this way, but who am I?

This is working as designed. If a user logs into a guest phone with they’re extension number, then leaves without logging out of the phone, and logs back into their desk phone or anywhere else, the phone that they were log into will have on the display: “extension xxxx in use press continue to take over”

The user should log out of the guest phone, before moving to another phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back