Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guest check on 2 printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigblok403

Technical User
Jun 12, 2006
US
Can anyone think of anyway of getting a guest check in Aloha to print on 2 different printers at the same time? Easy to do this for chits, but can't find a good solution for the guest checks/receipts.

Haven't seen anything in Aloha. There is a box in store - Credit Card Options tab somthing about print check at master when EDC voucher prints but I don't know what that means :)

google rs232 splitter

something found here might work but distances could be a factor
maybe a splitter at the local and a rs232 repeater on 1 leg going to the remote (if you had a problem). I don't find any problems going serial for 50+ feet on cheap CAT5 and that is suppose to need shielded so the system is fairly robust.

This says it requires these op systems

Applies To: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, Windows Server 2003 with SP2

Printer pooling is available on XP Pro I just don't know if it works

I have never had any luck using windows printers and their drivers with Aloha anyway but it could work but I always thought printer pooling just printed to 1 of the 2 printers and then to the other if the 1st was offline or out of paper.

I did see a $99 box that said print to 2 printers simultaneously but you need a serial port and I don't know about that

===================================================

To set up a printer to print to multiple devices
Open Printers and Faxes.

Right-click the printer you are using, and then click Properties.

On the Ports tab, select the Enable printer pooling check box.

Click each port where the printers you want to pool are connected.

Notes

To open Printers and Faxes, click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.

With printer pooling, the printers must be the same type of printer using the same printer driver.

The previous procedure assumes the printers you want to pool are already in the Printers and Faxes folder.

last stab and this is a long shot

setup 2 printers on 1 terminal use OPOS

Use the same opos name for each printer

Possibly printing to 1 will also print to the other... if your computer does not explode

To bad they don't have printer groups for receipt printers

I'll give the termite software and OPOS a try and see if that happens to work.

OPOS wouldn't allow same name, even in registry and the other software looks promising, but Aloha doesn't like to see the program using the com port to forward. Doesn't look like there are any cheap solutions.

Why do you desire this functionality? What's the point?

It's to get the delivery receipt, granted I can get most of the delivery info to print from a expediter printer, it's not the same as the original guest check.

This will open you up to a world of fraud and I would not recommend this.
But if you really want to and if you're on QS, you could add a "Print Check" function to the button script that closes the check.

If you are using a serial printer then just split the cable, and that will print to both printers at the same time. When you don't want one to print, turn it off.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back