Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GSS setup on v4.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackcmann

Technical User
Oct 30, 2015
ZA
Hello
I have setup GSS in V4.8 from a thread i found on this site. I am currently using micros cards as gift cards to test. I am using track 2 Start position is 2 and length is 10. I can assign a new gift card and add value to it. However when i try to add another gift card it pops up and states : Duplicate Gift Card number.

The 1st gift card number is: ;:<>4057656415?
The 2nd gift card number is: ;:<>4057656424?

This is a link to the screen shot.

Please help

The way you set it up, you are giving both cards ":<>4057656" as the number. You are starting at the second character and going 10 characters. Start at 5 and do a length of 10 or change to length of 13 to include all your number.

I have a box of cards that were given to me from another restaurant using another pos system. I am trying to get these cards to work with GSS.
Via confidence test, these cards read on track one. The card number is :
;<>00579M?
I have set the gss card setup to track one and 2 offset and 6 digits.
When trying to activate these cards, i get INVALID MAGNETIC CARD.
I have tried multiple combinations, with no luck.

The first one you mentioned are Micros Employee Cards, and the second set appears to be similar employee card and not the GSS cards. You cannot use these cards with GSS.

What do the Cards look like? (i.e. front of card). Do they look any of these?
- Red Card

Yes the micros cards work great. However the members we already have are using the second cards I mentioned. We would preferably like to use the same cards on the micros system for the members gss if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back