Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GRTD XP sp2 Logon failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiepockets

Technical User
Oct 23, 2003
GI
Ladies and gents I have a site with GRTD 3.5.05 rev b which is giving the following error "Logon failure: agent database:login failure"

Nortel's line is rev 3.05.05 is not supported on XP, but I have had it working on one PC with sp 2 all others come out with the above errors, nortel don't offer a workaround either, so from the field is there a workaround ???

I've seen both that XP is supported and not - I'm not sure what is true. I had the same problem last week. If you are using "autologin/remember passowrd" feature in GRTD you can ty this:

Look into GRTD.ini and change remember passord to NO. Save the ini-file and try to log on again manually. Be sure that you use a user/password that is not disabled within SCCS/SECC.

If not working. Look at the sql.ini file on the client GRTD-PC. See if the IP-address is correct. THis is the IP-address for the SCCS/SECC-server.

This has worked for me in the past also,

Killian,

NextiraOne Ireland

Are the firewalls turned on the pc's? GRTD / Symposium cannot be firewalled as it uses multiple ports and Multicast streams. If it is on, you could try adding the address to the allowed list.

Stu..

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

All firewalls are off, nothing stopping those pesky packets from getting through, I should have added symposium fat client is installed on the same pc and this works just fine, it's just the GRTD

Did you just upgrade to 3.5.05? and upgrade your secc?
I had a similiar problem. Same error. I tried everything. Turned off firewall, re-instlaled, added patches,
then the problem turned out to be that the new grtd doesn't use the same login that the old one did.

In the old version you basically had phone accounts dedicated to grtd.
The new one uses the login you use for the secc client application. default sysadmin/nortel
After I did that it worked great.
I'm assuming alot...but I hope this helps :)

Here is a work around that usually fixes this problem.

1) Check in ODBC Data source Administrator (in Control Panel) what the driver version is for the GRTD_DSN.
The correct driver version is Sybase ASE ODBC Driver.
It is possible that there is a Microsoft Access Driver configured.

To change the driver version:
a) Click on GRTD_DSN and click Remove.
b) Click on Add to add a new DSN.
c) When the Create New Data Source screen pops up, scroll down and select the Sybase ASE ODBC Driver and click Finish.
d) The ODBC Sybase ASE Setup screen pops up. In the General tab enter the Data Source Name as GRTD_DSN. Enter the Server Name as GRTD_Server.

e) Click on the Connection tab. In the Server List field enter GRTD_SERVER.
f) Click Ok.

(2) Change the Server Address entry in dsedit:
a )Do a search for the filename dsedit.exe. Ensure that the path for the dsedit.exe file is ..\ASE12CLT\OCS-12_0\bin
b) Run dsedit and click Ok to open InterfacesDriver.
c) Change the Server Address for the Server Name GRTD_SERVER.
d) Double-click on Server Address.
e) Click Add.
f) In the Protocol box enter NLWNSCK.
g) In the Network Address box enter the IP address of the server and ",5000" (for example: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,5000).
h) Click Ok.
i) Close dsedit.

(3) If there is no Server Name GRTD_SERVER then add one as follows:
a) In dsedit, click Add in the Server Object drop down menu.
b) Enter the server name GRTD_SERVER and click Ok.

The Attributes and Values should read like this:
Server Entry Version 1
Server Name GRTD_SERVER
Server Service SQL Server
Server Status 4 Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back