Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GRTD Login failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

matehr

Programmer
Sep 18, 2003
SE
Hi!
Anyone seen this message when trying to connect the GRTD

"LOGON FAILURE: General login failure-Probably communication problem with Symposium server"

I'm using GRTD version 3.05.05, and the Symposiumserver is 4.2

Pinging the server from the pc works fine and the client works fine too.
If I look in connected sessions i can see the user as connected.
I'm having the same problem on several pcs running GRTD.

Maybe i should try to reboot the server?!?!?

Thankful for any help i can get.

I had this exact problem as well. I had to use the admin account to get it working and I also had to set the account information in the GRTD.ini file instead of the GUI.

Confirm the version compatibility with SCCS 4.2.

And u have to close the Report listener which will run normally on your system.And if u have SCCS client installed already jus check with u can able to login thru that to SCCS.And the login ID you are trying to login should have minimum access as supervisor.

If you are installing a fresh first install the GRTD first and then install the SCCS client.

Shud work.... gud luck..

Hi!

I was told to logg in on a client with the GRTD user and password, then change the password when your'e logged in on the client.
Logg out and try to logg in on thr GRTD WITH THE NEW PASSWORD.
This is working fine for me.
Good luck!

Hi,
THis could be your problem:

CUSTOMER REPORTS UNABLE TO LOGIN TO GRTD - GOT THE FOLLWING ERROR MESSAGE: LOGON FAILURE: General login failure - probably communication problem with Symposium server.

IT TURNS OUT THAT THE USER HAD NOT PREVIOUSLY LOGGED ONTO CLIENT PRIOR TO TRYING TO ACCESS GRTD WITH SAME USER ID. ADVISED CUSTOMER TO ACCESS CLIENT FIRST WITH USER ID & PWD, AND THEN ACCESS GRTD WITH SAME USER ID & PWD.

I get this problem all the time

All you have to do as said before is give whoever is logging onto the PC where the client is installed administrative problems and that will sort it

Here we go with another solution.

I have just had this problem. On investigating I found that the sybase settings were incomplete. Go to c:\ase12clt\sybase central 3.2\win 32\scview look at the setting for GRTD_SERVER and check the setting for server address it should be TCP (or nlwnsk) <ipaddress>,5000

When I set this, hey presto all worked. Have had to do this on two machines now. For some reason the GRTD does not install fully every time.

PD-S

Had this problem come up today on all agent PCs. Had been working fine for months. Thought it was the server so rebooted, still didn't fix it. Tried uninstalling and re-installing GRTD. That didn't fix it.

All agents use my SECC credentials in the GRTD.INI file so I went in and reset my password in SECC then changed it back to what it was and this fixed all agents.

There must be some bug that whacks the user configuration on the server since all agents were fixed without changing anything on their PCs.

(We don't have SECC on any agent PCs, just the Server. Agents only have GRTD).

I also had this problem this morning. Working on a Win XP SP2 PC.
SECC client wouldn't do a automatic install of sybase, so I installed that manually as per the manuals.
I then ran the SECC install and all looked good, client connected fine.

I then installed GRTD..but got nothing but agent login errors.

I looked at the ODBC settings on a working PC and this one...they looked the same, but I couldn't do a "test connection" on this pc.

started looking at Sybase configs. Found out that the file sql.ini in C:\as12clt\ini was blank on this pc.

Copied over the file from my working pc..and all works

Example sql.ini
;; Sybase Interfaces file
;; <link_type>=<network_driver>,<connection_info>
;; Examples:
;; [JUPITER]
;; QUERY=NLMSNMP,\\JUPITER\pipe\sybase\query
;; WIN3_QUERY=WNLNMP,\\JUPITER\pipe\sybase\query

[GRTD_SERVER]
master=NLWNSCK,10.2.1.20,5000
query=NLWNSCK,10.2.1.20,5000

where 10.2.1.20 is my server

Finally, a solution to this problem, thank you so very much HUGWideBoy. I was banging my head trying to get this working. Copy and paste and I was working. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back