Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GRTD and Real time Displays loggon failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggertsae

Technical User
May 5, 2004
IS
Hi

I´ve used these applications for some years now, and recently upgraded my my computer and have XP instead of W2000 now. I´m now unable to use GRTD and Real time displays . I´m using Symposium Express.
I´m able to ping the server and sybase appear to by in order. When i lunch GRTD I get Logon failure: Unknown error 60059 and when I lunch Real time displays the task goes not responding.

Please help

what version of secc are you running???

with the older versions you need to run nbconfig and update your ip setting.

use sqledit to see what kind of ip address you are using for grtd

Thanx for the help. It was the firewall who was blocking the back channel, so problem solved.

eggertsae

We have Symposium 4.2 and using for GRTD however we have been unable to get the Agent Map to work - is this working on your? if so how

thanks

wayne

Agent Map works with us. Sorry to say I am not sure what you are looking for with how?

Hi

I've similar issues. I have SCCS 4.2, GRTD 3.05.05 . On one of my user's NT PC, the agent map shows all the agents logged out, however my XP PC has no such problem and all the agents (the same agents) show as logged in. I have tried my user ID on both machines and it makes no difference.
Could it be that GRTD version 3.05.05 is not compatible with NT?

Just a thought, when I first used GRTD I was lead down the garden path somewhat, as some well meaning 'guru' told me to use the agent log in ID's, instead of phone position ID's, took me ages to figure out what was wrong!
Regards
Blighter

AGENT MAP will not show agents unless you have SYMPOSIUM CLIENT installed... i dont have the need for it on my end but recall seeing something in the HELP file that came with GRTD. Said something about making a copy of agents.mdb from the GRTD folder on a machine where agent map works.. and move it it to the machines that do not work.. ring a bell?

Yes it does ring a bell - found out that Agent Map will show on a PC without SCCS Client installed, but you have to make a copy of Agents.mdb from a PC that has both SCCS client and GRTD (C:\Program Files\Nortel\GRTD\Agents.mdb), change the file name to agentdata.mdb and copy it to the GRTD folder of the stand alone GRTD PC.
Cheers
Blighter

eggertsae,

What ports did you find on your firewall that were blocking the back channel when you were getting the Logon Error 60059.

I am having the same issue after moving one of my administrators outside of my corporate firewall.
SECC 4.2 client works fine, problem is with GRTD 3.05.05.

Please help, my NORTEL VAR is clueless, my contact at Nortel direct has no idea. I want to refrain from giving this user a static IP address and opening ALL ports on the firewall for that specific IP address.

hi ISTBA

Sorry to say I didn´t find the ports. Just that it was service pack to that was blocking it. Try some tcpview application to see the ports GRTD is using. With me it appear to be 10000, 30000 to be sure on autoprog an 30005 and 30001 on ngen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back