Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise without Novell client

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasvic

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
Our network uses mainly Win2k servers, and one Novell 6 server for GroupWise. All of our clients run Win2k with the current Novell client. Previously, we used only Novell as out servers, so now that our users have no need to log into Novell except for email, we are removing the Novell clients from their machines. So far we have had mixed results. The biggest problem we've seen is when GroupWise starts it asks if we want to connect to the remote mailbox. When we say no, sometimes the program will close, others it will run normally in online mode. We run groupWise with the following switches:
/@u-%username% /ipa=**.**.**.**
Does anyone know of a way to have it stop asking or wanting to connect to the remote mailbox?
Thanks.

I would need to double check this, but I believe you also need the /ipp-1677 to tell it the port, not just the IP address.

Actually we have tried that switch with no results. And I believe it looks to that port by default. Someone else has said it may have something to do with the Hit the Road feature. Even though we have never used it, it seems to think that it is setup? We are looking into it, but thatnks for your help.

Hi jasvic,

Do you have WebAccess Running? If so, that could be a solution -- no Novell/Groupwise client at all. This could also be helpful down the road so you wouldn't need different versions/switches based on OS.

Your users could do all email with their web browsers only.

Just a thought. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back