Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise Spellchecker

Status
Not open for further replies.

pQi

MIS
Aug 2, 2002
US
Hi!

I am having a problem on the network regarding on just some workstations with GroupWise 6.0

I am running a Windows 2000 OS.

When the user is trying to use spellchecker he gets an error "Unknown User main word list" and then he is unable to use the feature. This happens on only 3 computers from the 300 + pc's we use here....:(

Just don't get it... I hope you can help

Thank You Much in advance!!
gwizard

Do those users have Corel installed?

Have you tried re-installing the client?

Was GroupWise installed after Office?

Corel is not installed on these machines

I did try to reinstall the client and nothing changed

Groupwise was installed after office...

Now, I have office deployed on the workstation once I installed the OS through GPO, then I manually install groupwise 6.0

Are these Users accessing GroupWise via TCPIP, IPX or UNC Path? Make sure that these Users can see AND access the network at the time of the error.

Also, when you reinstalled the GroupWise Client did you completely uninstall first? If not, I would start by doing that. Download and use the GroupWise Cleaning Agent that is available from the Novell Website. Then, before you reinstall the GroupWIse CLient, make sure that you install WMSNT. After WMSNT is installed, go ahead and install the GroupWise CLient.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back