Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise runs when opening Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperionsix

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2001
US
Upon the initial launching of Word after a Groupwise installation, Groupwise launches.
This happens only once and then Word launches normally.
This is regardless of what order the software is loaded (Groupwise/Word or Word/Groupwise). During Groupwise setup I am clearing all options that would allow Groupwise to act as my default Word, Excel, etc. default folder. I am aware that Groupwise integrates itself tightly in many ways, but is it possible to avoid it running when you first open Word? Thanks, David

Couple questions:

Which version of GW are you running, and which service pack? Are you running MS Word 97 or 2000? Which novell client do you have installed?

Your "clearing the options" from setup is what I would have tried first. I've seen that mess tons of stuff up when all options are checked -- I usally bypass all of them. From setup, do you normally run 'Workstation' or 'Full' install?

Also, ((may sound too easy)) but is there a link in the Startup folder for Word to start? It's possible that both MS Word and GW are in your startup folder. Sometimes it's those easy ones that get'cha! :)

Good Luck ~

Thanks for the reply. I am running Word97, Novell Client 4.80. I run the "Workstation" setup and the Startup folders are clear. It's an odd issue as this only happens on the initial opening of Word. Once Groupwise starts in Word (and of course bombs) this issue never arises again. Novell's web site to date has no info on this. Thanks for your help. David

I think you have GroupWise integrations enabled with your Office applications.

Check TID#2917418 on support.novell.com

When installing GroupWise did it ask you if you wanted to integrate with Word and Excel??? Should have unchecked these options.

You may also need to follow the TID to remove the integration.

Technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back