Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise on Netware..and...NT..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgTech

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2002
US
We are trying trim the use of a declining Netware box so we are moving GroupWise POA to another box. We tried to install it to a Win2k box (the POA only)..it has trouble talking to the MTA that resides on a Netware box. We may have to go to a Netware box. Does anyone know if we can split Groupwise across Netware & Win2k?..We eventually want to go all Win2k.

You should be able to do it, as long as its setup correctly. In the Details for the POA, under the Information Tab, look for PLATFORM. Make sure this is configured for NT!

Thats about the only setting that I know of.

BTW, what version of GroupWise and GroupWise Support Pack are you running?

Good Luck!

We are running GroupWise 5.5 not sure on the service pack...One of my employees said he thought it was 6a. I did not believe we were that far along. The only problem we seem to be having at the moment is that the POA on the NT box is does not have an inbound connection. The field where the inbound connection blank. Also the GW MTA gives the error that the POA that we moved to the new machine is closed, but it is open and sending messages out but will not SYNC using the NW Administrator. Do you know what port the MTA sends messages on?

The MTA's default TCP Port is 7100. Unless you have specifically changed this, thats what it is.

The MTA shows the POA closed, but the POA is sending and receiving??? Is that correct?

Good Luck!

Thank you for your help...just thought i'd let you know we got it up and running last week. it was a confilct in the port settings....and we needed to manually add some entries...thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back