Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

groupwise logout redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppy42

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2006
US
Is there a way to redirect the logout link to go to another page instead of the generic groupwise login page?

yep change the index.html

or do a redirect in the conf file

Ok, which index.html file where? In apache or tomcat?

What conf file?

Can you be a bit more specific? This, and everything I've managed to find online, has been quite vauge on where the changes need to be made.

As for where it's going, it's just going back to the company's website that is using groupwise.

The reason Novell is vague on this topic is because they don't support custom changes to any of the groupwise stuff.

Now why they are so vague on 99% of their other documentation, that is another issue :)

But it can be done, correct?

If so, how exactly?

That's not exactly helpful. I've looked through the apache config files and nothing of that nature exists. I've done a file search for htm/html files and all that exists are the basic placeholder pages that come with tomcat and apache.

It's not as simple as you may think, hence my asking.

I didn't say it was simple. But it's not in the APache2 folder -- there is usually only 1 file there. I believe its somewhere in the tomcat folder. If I had a server in front of me right now, I'd find it for you.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back