Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise istall problem with Win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

cderow

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
I upgraded a PC from win95 to win2000. Everything went smoothly up until I tried to access Groupwise email. When going to open Groupwise, I recieve an error "Groupwise is not installed properly. Groupwise components could not be initialized." So, I go to uninstall the program, however, I get another error " The log file C:\Novell\GW\DeIsL1.isu is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue." I try to remove Groupwise in safe mode to no avail. This only happens when I upgrade not when I do a clean install. However, I don't have enough time in the day to sit and do a clean install. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

I figured it out. The patch will not unzip on a NTFS drive. It needs to be on a FAT or FAT32 drive. Everything is kosher now.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back