Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise GPF at NVDISP.DRV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooze

MIS
Oct 8, 2001
US
Have a user who has been getting GPFs about once or twice a day, usually at module NVDISP.DRV, but have also been at DIBENG.DLL and at GDI.EXE. I updated her NVIDIA video drivers (which installed an updated NVDISP.DRV), but no success. Any ideas?

After installing the new driver did you adjust the Computer's Hardware Acceleration Settings?
1. Restart the computer.
2. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
3. Double-click the System icon.
4. Click the Performance tab, and then click the Graphics button.
5. Under Graphics, change the hardware acceleration setting to Basic accelerator functions by dragging the slider to the marker just to the right of the None setting.
6. Click OK and restart the computer.

How about changing the resolution to 640x480 or 800x600?

Thanks for the suggestion. I just had the user do this - we'll see if it fixes the problem.

Nope, that didn't work. User is still getting the GPFs. Any other solutions?

Maybe the Display driver is damaged?
Can you swap it out with another computer to test?

Could the monitor be too old?

I've had notify crash a couple of times on my copy of GW5.5. I think that uninstalling GW, uninstalling MS-Messaging, then reinstalling MS-Messaging, then reinstalling GW5.5 fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back