Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise Error The Address Book Component could not be loaded. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
US
I am having a problem with Groupwise. A user is getting the error message. "GroupWise is not properly installed. The Address Book component could not be loaded. Please run GroupWise Setup, or contact your system administrator."
The second message that the are getting after you hit ok is "Attachment control interface version does not match. I have tried the usual fixes for Groupwise Problems. Uninstall Groupwise, Windows Messaging, Outlook, and Outlook Express. Then reinstalling Windows Messaging and Groupwise. This solution doesn't seem to work though so I tried renaming mapi32.dll and reinstalling WMS.exe but yet again I had no sucess. The user is the only user on a Windows 95 release 2 system. I am stumpped on what to do next. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Heath

When uninstalling GW, did you:
Go to the control panel, and choose add remove programs, and remove GW 5?
Then:
Download the GroupWise Cleaning Agent (GWCA55US.EXE, or GWCA55.EXE)? (Download this and extract it to the local machine that the client will be uninstalled from.)
And then:
Verify that the "C:\NOVELL\GROUPWISE" AND "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\GW*" are gone. (Or if the client was installed to a different directory, verify that this directory is gone) If this directory still exists, then manually delete it.

After a reboot, re-install the client from your software directory.
(If you have removed windows messaging, you should be prompted to reinstall it before GW client is installed. If you are not prompted, execute WMS.EXE located on the GW CD under /CLIENT/WIN32 to install it manually.)

If all of that fails....I'll think on it. (By the way, can you or anyone else login on that computer? I'm assumming not, otherwise none of this is nessasary.)

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

I tried uninstalling Groupwise, running the cleaning agent, deleting both of the above directories that you mentioned, and reinstalling Groupwise, but had no success. Any other ideas?

Heath

if they are using outlook 2000, then reconfigure mail to be corporate or workgroup. They probably have it set for internet only.

Lookout Mark
mark@acsconsult.com

The don't have Outlook even loaded on the machine. Sorry to keep bothering you, but I am totally stumped on this one. I think that I am just going to swap out PC's and format hers and give it to another user. Thanks anyhow.

Heath

What version of NetWare client are you using? What version of GroupWise client are you using? What service pack & version of the GroupWise backend is it?

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

Check out this TID... it references a Registry Key you are recommended to delete... then re-installation GroupWise. It also references WMSNT.EXE, which I believe was mentioned early in this Thread. WMSNT.EXE is most important and must be installed on all 2000 systems, BEFORE GroupWise is installed.

Good Luck!

You are on a good track. WMSNT is required for 2000 systems. However, if you install it after a GW install has been attempted, SOMETIMES you will not be able to open the Address book. In my experience, you get a gray address book.
My best offering for a fix for this specific problem is to go into CTRL Panel, mail and just add the 4 services manually.
JD

I have also ran into this type of problem. I ended up deleting gw, ran the cleaning agent, deleted windows messaging (add/remove programs | windows setup), reinstalled windows messaging, reinstalled gw. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back