Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise error 613

Status
Not open for further replies.

coondog

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
We have one 5.1 Netware server running 5.5 GroupWise. All of a sudden, when we go to finalize adding a new user to Groupwise thru ConsoleOne, we get error 613 which reads: "Failed trying to commit changes. (Error -613) An attribute value being added to an object might be incorrect or the value is pointing to an objecct that does not exist in the tree." I have ran dsrepair until I get no errors, reinstalled ConsoleOne, and recopied the ConsoleOne snapins. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you get errors if you use NWAdmin/GWView? What service pack levels are you at in NetWare & GroupWise?

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

For some reason our NWAdmin does not have the Groupwise button when you view the properties of a user. Thats the reason we use ConsoleOne. What is the procedure to add that functionality to NWAdmin? The service pack level of Netware is 4.0 I am not sure of the GroupWise service pack.

Ok, that should be easy. First when in NWadmin, go to the tab 'Tools', and look for 'GroupWise View' option. If it is there problem solved. If not go to the server that the groupwise domain is installed, to Public > Win32 > find nwadmn32.exe and run it from there. If it was installed correctly the GW snapins will be there as well. You should then have the option of Tools>GroupWise View.

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

I looked for the GroupWise view option under tools and it was not there. How do I go about running nwadmin32.exe from the server? Would I do this from nwconfig? I am still kind of green at this, but am willing to learn. I think I will be going to a CNA class in November, so I am limping by until then.

On your workstation, Map a drive to your email server, then go to the location listed above. Double click on nwadmn32.exe, that will start the program. By 'go to the server' I meant that the 'win32' folder could be copied to your workstation and nwadmin the run there. You need the email server because when GW is installed (or upgraded) the files needed are added (or updated) to that server by default. Other servers might not have been updated.

As long as you keep asking questions, reading and working with this, you can't go wrong. We all were just starting out at one time....Good luck.

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

At this particular location, we only have two servers. One is running BorderManager, the other is running GroupWise. Of course both are running several other modules also. I am mapped to both servers, and launch nwadmin32.exe off of the GroupWise server, but do not see the GroupWise view that you mention. I have seen the GroupWise button that you talk about in some documentation that I have downloaded. I am just not sure why my NWAdmin doesn't show it? Like I mentioned earlier, we have only used ConsoleOne to add or modify GroupWise users because it has a GroupWise tab where the properties are. Sometimes when launching ConsoleOne, It looses track of where the GWdomain database is located, and I have to tell it where it is. I think your statement "If it was installed correctly the GW snapins will be there as well." maybe the key. How do I install/re-install the GW snapins for NWAdmin? I would rather use NWAdmin over ConsoleOne because it launches faster.

What is the GroupWise service pack level you are now running? You can check at the server 'system console' by typing "m gw*"(without quotes). You should see gwpoa.nlm, gwmta.nlm, gwia.nlm(if gwia is running there) and a couple of others. The Version should be something like 5.55e and at the least the 3 nlm's listed above should all be the same version. Then you need the same service pack files expanded in a folder on your server to run setup. You can then follow the instructions to update just the software distribution directory and administration (including public\win32) directories.

Friday is the only day every week that I am at that particular server. I will let you know then what I find out. Thanks for your help.

I was wrong about the version of GroupWise. This particular setup is 6.0 From what one person has told me, NWAdmin will not have the GroupWise button when using 6.0? That leaves me with getting ConsoleOne to work. I have another site that is setup the same. I was thinking about copying everything related to ConsoleOne from the server that works to the server that does not work. Sound like a plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back