Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoyDelicious

Technical User
Jul 23, 2002
US
When a user opens attachments in Groupwise her Groupwise closes. Its mainly with .tiff files although its been an issue with other files as well. We're already tried to reinstall with no luck. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

We're running Groupwise 6.5 client on Windows 2000.

SoyDelicious,

TIFF files are notoriously large. I would recommend two things. First, run maintenance on her mailbox. Second, have her save the TIFF file to the hard drive and open it from there. I've seen GroupWise hang while downloading large attachments to open.

Good luck,
-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

I use GW 5.5 & novell 4.11 but have you tried getting the problem user to use a different PC & also get a normal user to use the problem users PC? Then we diagnose what is causing the problem.
If the normal user has similar problems on the problem users PC its a comp fault, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back