Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise closing issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tearsong

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2005
US
Strange issue... In my GroupWise, if i copy or cut something from anywhere in GroupWise (be it from a different new message, old message or the quick viewer) using Ctrl+c/x then paste with the right click paste, nothing happens. If I use Ctrl+v to paste, it closes my entire GroupWise (new message and all). If, however, I use the mouse (right click + copy -> right click + paste), it works fine. (Which is annoying because I'm such a keyboard person.)

If that were it, I'd just continue to suck it up and deal with it, but now my boss is having a different issue with similar results...

Whether I log into his computer/Novell server as administrator and log into his acct or log in as him and open his GroupWise client, and try to open an Excel file (which opens fine on a) my computer with my GroupWise account, b) my computer with his GroupWise account or c) on his computer with my GroupWise account, just not d) his GroupWise account on (either his Windows/Novell login or mine) his computer...) as soon as you either right or left click on the file, GroupWise closes. No warning, no error message... just gone.

I'm not sure if it is ALL .xls files or just that one as he returned before I finished my testing and needed his computer back, but I can't imagine it's the file since it opens fine any other way except via his own GroupWise client on his computer. (I finally just threw it on his desktop and was done with it.)

I tried re-installing GroupWise and messanging (which solves the grey'ed out address book problem, so I figured it MIGHT work) to no avail. We use GWAVA/GWIA and GroupWise 5.5 Expansion Pack...

Advice? (Besides upgrading... that won't be possible for another year at least as we are in the midst of a few other big purchases.)

Thanks!

~Tearsong

Oh, and we are both running Windows 2k...

~Tearsong

Thanks! That cleared up my issue with copying/pasting... Now to wait for him to leave so i can do the same and cross my fingers...

That same cleaning agent works well for version 6.5 too. It's saved me lots and lots of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back