Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise Client & Win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdeans

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2000
CA
I am using Groupwise 5.25 on a Novell 4.11 network. I am just beginning to add Win 2000 clients. The Groupwise 32 bit Client will not install. First Win 2000 warns that the setup.exe may not run as expected on this version of Windows. If you run the setup anyway, Groupwise warns that Windows Messaging is missing some components. It gives the option of leaving it as is or "Install the complete Windows Messaging System". If I choose install complete, the next error message is "Installation failed". If I choose to leave the Windows Messaging System as it is, Groupwise will seem to install (copies files, registers components,etc.) but will not create folders or shortcuts and will not run. (Oddly, Notify will work OK) The error message when trying to run Groupwise.exe is that Groupwise was not properly installed and that the Groupwise components could not be initialized. This seems to be because the Windows Messaging System is not complete but there is no option to install it from the Control Panel or any information regarding how Win 2000 might use it or how to install it from previous Windows versions. I have checked Novell's and Microsoft's websites. Can anyone help?

Check out TID#10024960 on support.novell.com. It outlines requirements for Windows 2000 and GroupWise.

You can download a windows messaging file from novell's web page!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back