Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise Address Book Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinitymarie

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
When a user selects a Distibution Group i.e. Managers from the Novell Groupwise address book, Managers group is added to Frequent Contacts address book. When this Managers Group is modified (added or removed users) it does not update it in Frequent contacts address book. In six months managers list has changed and New managers are not getting email through the Managers Group, because of Frequent Contacts not synchronizing. I know I can go to each users PC and set the Address book properties and delete the group from Frequent Contacts to not save into Frequent Contacts, but can I do this globally through ConsoleOne?

you should centrally manage the group via ConsoleOne. It should not be added to frequent contacts but should instead only appear in the system address book.. we use groups here a lot but I never see the group getting added to freq contacts..
Hmm. sounds like a setting but I can't remember where..

The setting is changed by doing a Right Click on the Frequent Contacts tab and choosing Properties/Options tab. Change Save Addresses to only save outgoing external addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back