Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 7 using LDAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

assets

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
AU
groupwise is now using the novel netware pasword to login to groupwise. No pasword required to load groupwise because it using LDAP. What I want to do is have the option of the login sppash sceen so it give some security tothe mailbox so I want the type the pasword each time I load groupwise. I know thre is an option because I done it before and can not remember how to set this. Please help

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

You can set the clients up to require login via modifying the shortcuts, but I can't recall a way to force login when using LDAP from the administration side. That was the whole point of going to LDAP - to have users log in ONCE and have two passwords shrink to one.

1. Right-click on the Groupwise icon on your desktop, and select "Properties"
2. Click on the "Shortcut" tab
3. In the "Target" box, make sure that it says C:\Novell\GroupWise\GrpWise.exe /@u-?
4. Click "OK".

Or you can fill in the user name (instead of the question mark) so that the user name won't be required to be entered.

I believe that you can also make sure the Post Office --> Security is only using LDAP, not EDIR and LDAP.. Then it won't consider your Novell client connection.

I generally prefer LDAP only.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back