Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 6 - How internal emails handle the out of office

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis37

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
notice? Can someone let me know how this would work? If the users setup and (out of office) notice. How does the internal email handle this message? would it even go to the users on the outside. ?

jdavis37,

In GW 6.x, the post office keeps track of which email addresses have received an auto-reply for each rule. Auto-replies are sent to any given email address only once (to prevent looping). They are sent to both internal and external addresses, unless you specify differently in the rule.

-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

murof siht edisni kcuts m'I - PLEH

Thanks, Ron

I only ask because one of the techs for this company mentioned that users had the rule for (out of the office setup) and it flooded and froze their mailbox from outside emails. I also heard they turned this feature off. I also thought this was setup on a user level not po level.

?

In 6.x auto-reply looping is a feature that can be turned on/off. By default, it is off to prevent that sort of thing from happening. Previous to version 6.0, you could not prevent auto-replies from looping.

-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

murof siht edisni kcuts m'I - PLEH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back