Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 6.5 Deleted account restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaharoff

MIS
Oct 21, 2002
US
I need assistance with the restoration of a deleted email account in Groupwise 6.5 SP3. I have used a number of TIDS off of Novell's site without any success. With Groupwise 6.5 there's an option in Console1 for restoring an account, which I've done. I then restored the users database from tape backup, but have been totally unsuccessful in getting it to work. I believe the error I receive is a C167 and when loading Groupwise for that client it keeps prompting for a password, which I've reset numerous times in Console1. Help!!!

have you defined a restoration area for the postoffice

you will see thi if you click on any user's details it will show a restore .

what are you backing up the sysetm with - if it's backup exec then you need to move the wphost and ngwguard from the win32 dir to the root

firstly as well - you need to restore a copy of the domain from pre delete - then restore the user from here - this gives you same fid

BackupExec 9.1 is being used, but the GWTSA wasn't selected as a backup item. The entire Groupwise folder structure was just backed up with the volume. The reason for that setup was because I wanted to be able to restore selected items instead of the entire Groupwise system when a restoration was needed. From the TID's I've read, I'll get the actual number, there's a way to restore it with 6.5 without going through the entire restoration of the Groupwise system. I'll get the actual specifics on the TID and procedure I attempted.

More details on the Groupwise deleted account restoration failure. I restored a copy of the Groupwise Domain to a temporary folder. This domain was backed up before the user was deleted. I went into Console1 and went to Tools-Groupwise Utilities-Recover Deleted Account and pointed to the Groupwise Domain I had restored. After doing so the correct Groupwise information was displayed in the properties of the user, ie FID. I then restored the user's database to the location of the live Groupwise system. I then received C067 errors at the POA when attempting to access the Groupwise account for the restored user. According to Novell TID 10074228, the C067 is an error where there is a database in the Groupwise system that isn't in the Groupwise Guardian database. Makes sense. I then ran through all the steps listed in that TID to resolve it with no success. Any ideas?

If I were in your shoes I would try all these things in a lab or offline environment if possible.

It sounds like the domain recognizes the account but the PO database does not. It is possible that a top-down rebuild will correct the error in nwguard.db, then the steps in the TID will probably work.

Before you do this, can anyone else comment on my take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back