Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 6.5.4 Client keeps crashing on send

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleo02

Technical User
Mar 15, 2002
CA
I am trying to figure out if there is a local log file that the client generates when it terminates abnormally but I haven't been able to find one. I have already checked the error logs for the workstation and I haven't been able to find anything helpful there. Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated (searching Novell for "crash" isn't very helpful!!).

Thanks.

The registry cleaner dates back to the 5.5 days. Is it still an appropriate application for a 6.5.4 issue?

there is a newer one but the old one works just as well

is the issue pc based - ie do all users have an issue
or does this user have the prob no matter what pc he is on or over the web access

I've been unable to find anything newer than the 5.5 cleaner. It works well for me on 6.5 clients.

Terry: Got a link?

sorry havering

last time i used it it was nre12
i was thinking of the cleaning agent - which as you say is 5.5 - had it in my head it was 6

In the event that the GroupWise Windows client causes an exception (or "crashes"), GroupWise generates a GroupWise Exception Report. This report contains information that is useful in analyzing the problem that the client is having so that it can be solved.

The report is saved in \temp\grpwise.rpt. The \temp directory used is the one specified by the TMP environment variable, or if not defined by TMP, the one specified by the TEMP environment variable. If neither environment variable is defined, GroupWise uses the current directory specified when grpwise.exe is started (on Windows 95/98/ME) or the windows directory (on Windows NT/2000).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back