Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 5.5 POA Hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownlowDown

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2001
GB
Strange problem, I have a Groupwise 5.5 ep sp2 system running on NW5.1 SP3. After 1 - 5 hours of running, all users connected to the post office get slower and eventually the client will hang. The POA shows fast incrementing Pending Requests but the server memory & utilization is normal. The only way to clear it is to shut the server down as the POA will not shut down cleanly. I have checked the post office & domain and they have no problems, I have plenty of disk space and I can ping the server whilst this is going on. Has anyone seen this before?

Graham

I've seen it before and it was caused by a corrupt database. In my case it was a corrupt msg databse in my post office--I had to run GWCECK to fix it. Hope you have a good backup just in case.

Also try renaming the wpcsin and out directory, reboot the server, and new ones should be created.

I think I have the answer, It appears to be caused by a gateway server that routes the GW traffic to the GWIA on another server. I upgraded the Gateway's hardware and in doing so the new intel cards conflicted with the 3com switch which caused packet problems... This eventually caused the POA to fall over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back