Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 5.5 Attachment Window Corruption on Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airwolfpilot

Technical User
Feb 28, 2003
GB
HI,

I have just installed GW5.5 on a windows XP machine. Everything is fine until someone sends me an email with an attachement. The window that displays the attchement below the original email is graphically corrupted and is showing what is behind the 'mail from' window...this is really strange...

I can't find a fix on the novell website....anyone else had this problem???

Please help... :eek:)

Sacha

ive come across this before, but I cant really remember what i did to fix it, unfortunately!

I'd remove GW, check that you have the right Windows Messaging System installed, and reinstall it..

It may be your video card driver and/or screen resolution. Try installing latest driver version from manufacturer (not from Microsoft) and test GroupWise with different screen resolutions.

gwexpertslogo.jpg

Gioffre Consulting

I have a problem similar to Airwolfpilot's but in my case just dragging an attachment from a Groupwise (5.5 SP5) message to, say, Windows explorer or desktop crashes Groupwise and XP closes it. Can't find any fixes. Please help if you had it sorted.

John

Hi. I would just like to add that I also have a XP (GroupWise 5.5.4) user with the "dragging attachment GroupWise crashing" problem. If anyone out there has a fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I though this was a problem with GW5.5 that was fixed with GW5.5ep. once you load the GW5.5ep client the problem goes away.

Sean

mfc42.dll seems to be a problem for airwolfpilot if not already fixed by now. Once another program (that has mfc42.dll) is installed after Groupwise has been installed the new mfc42.dll causes this. The way I do it is I add mfc42.dll from GW CD to the Groupwise directory on the harddrive. If someone out there knows of issues with that, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back