Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 101 - Retain mail messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

theripper

MIS
Aug 12, 1999
US
Ok - here's the scoop. I use GroupWise 5.5 -
Situation:
I send an email to "Everyone" to request network information. I would like to move the 'Sent Item' email to another folder called 'Internal Requests'. Well, it copies the email to that 'Internal Requests' folder. When I delete it from my 'Sent Items' folder it automatically deletes from everywhere else it was copied to.

Is there a way to keep/move a sent items email to another folder and keep it??

Thanks in advance ~

The answer to your question is NO. This is the biggest problem with the sent items folder. Since it's a search folder it is looking through ALL of your folders to find items you have sent. If you click and drag to another folder, it sets another reference to that message in the folder, but if you delete that message from the sent items folder, it's gone from the other folder. Drives you crazy.

A suggestion is delete the sent items folder and set up another folder in your cabinet with a rule that all sent items go this folder. Then you can link messages to other folders and if you accidentally delete one of the linked messages, it retains the message in the other folder.

OR, if you just want a copy of a message, BC yourself on the message and when it comes in, click and drag to the appropriate folder.

Try this . . .
1. Create a folder in the Cabinet.
2. Right Click the Sent Items folder.
3. Click on the Find Tab.
4. In the Look In field, expand the Mailbox.
5. Then Expand the Cabinet.
6. Un-Check the Cabinet and the newly created folder.
7. Click OK to close the Window.
8. Then, start moving the Sent Items into the newly created folder.

stars - you are right. . . this has drove me crazy!!!

I did as daxx pointed out and BINGO ~ totally worked. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks daxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back