Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupShield

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkmail

MIS
Jun 11, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to update the dat on an exchange server. Everytime i try to update it says that there is no update service running. I have three exchange servers (5.5). one with GS 4.5 and two with 5.0

Thanks,

BM

You've probably checked these, but since you didn't mention them:
1. Have you checked in Services to see if the service "McAfee GroupShield On-Line Update" status is "Started" and Startup is set to "Automatic"?
2. Are you are using Internet updates? If so, have you also checked McAfee GroupShield Properties Updating tab to make sure Internet Update is enabled?

Hi BM

We use Groupshield on MS Exchange 5.5 server. I download the latest dat-42**.zip file from I have to unzip the files into a folder otherwise the update fails. You should be able to go into Exchange Admin, look for your server, and then the McAfee Groupshield folder. Open this and click on Updating. Choose Local Disk and browse to the folder where you extracted the dat files. Choose update now.

I have never managed to get Groupshield to update from the Internet.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Nigel

Thanks guys.

I found the problem to be the logon for the Service. I had to change it since it was pointing to an old account. After that it worked.

Nigel, are your settings pointing to Mcafee?
FTP.NAI.com
/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x

Also, did you check proxy settings and log on info?

BM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back