Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupShield Resolve Names Utility 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanoIT

Programmer
May 18, 2001
IT
Resolve Names Utility works if the Replaced attachment text (in the Notification tab) contains at least one dot (.) in any position after the ticket number.
If there is no dot after the ticket number, Resolve Names Utility runs but don't fill "Location", "Sender" and "Owner" columns in Quarantine database.

EXAMPLES:

IT WORKS:
<ticket>.
<ticket> hallo.bill

IT DOESN'T WORK:
<ticket>
<ticket> good year

Stefano, could you please contact me.
Concerning your message above..

Thanks !!!!!!

my email : T2000@pandora.be

Hi,Stefano/All, I'm using Groupshield for Exchange 5.5 version 4.5. I'm trying to generate an on-access alert to the administrator only so we know who the sender and recipient of the emailed virus are (not just a ticket number). All I get is the email sender as my exchange box.

Help files tell me I can only have <sender> etc. in the on-demand scanner, not the on-access scanner. This seems very simple but I can't work it out!

Any help/examples would be greatly appreciated by anyone

Regards,
Venturer

Stefano,
Regarding the resolver utility. Need your help !
I can't get is to work... pretty demotivating :)

I have been dealing with the same problem with Exchange 5.5. I would like to have the alert message sent to me (administrator) with the person who was sent the message .. rather than just the sender. Also what is the deal with the time/date stamp .. could this be any more confusing .. I think not

i have the same problem
anybody help me

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that this problem is due for an Exchange API limitation.
The Groupshield Exchange trap the attachment arrival, get and scan the attachment, if all is ok give a positive feedback and the file is stored in the . If the are virus the action selected is applied then an apropriate feedback is given (i.e. attachment substitution with alert.txt).

Microsoft say that limitation will disappear in next release of this api (service pack ?), i don't know if this problem still remain in Exchange 2000. Let me know.

I don't know existing workaround.

In effect, sometimes, the administrator notify message report the sender but i'm not able to understand the condition to have ever it.

I hope my explanation is useful.
Fabio

That means all people that works with Exchange 5.5 SPx always will have the same problem until Exchange 2000 + SP1 installation. Is it correct? Thanks.

I have a user complaining about all of her attachments have been changed to Alert.txt. The previous day all of her attachments were normal Word .docs. Any suggestions on how to recover these attachments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back