Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupShield file filtering question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephir0th

Programmer
Dec 19, 2003
AR
I want groupshield to block exe and com files, so i created a rule to do this. But it is also blocking them when they come inside a zip file. Is there a way to let the zip with the exe go through but not when it comes unzipped???
thanks!!!!!

You probably need to go into your scan settings and tell Groupshield not to scan archives. You'll have to setup custom scanning options to do that but it would work.

I have just recently installed groupshield 6 and its causing me grief. I created rule to block *.zip files which it does but i have also noticed that any old emails with zip fils attachements have also been blocked. why would this happen if the emails were there before groupshield was installed surely it would only scan new emails since the set up of gorupshield?!?

Can any of you guys let me know how you went about setting the the file filtering from scratch? Is it a case of creating a rule to block *.zip and enabling the file filter?
Also do you have to set a rule to allow specific attachments through??

Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back