Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groups VS Individual NT accounts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbendy

MIS
Oct 3, 2002
US
Hi there, I would be considered an extremem nubie to SQL administration and I have a question about permissions/auditing. I have a DB that I would like a group of about 12 users to have access to. I know that I can go in and specity their NT account individually to access this account. I am wondering if I create a new Global Group with these users in it and I apply the permission to this new group, will I see their usernames as the ones making changes or will it show up as the Global Group making these changes? I hope I have made my question clear enough. Thanks for your time.

When the users connect you will see their NT account names, not the group name.
If you want to see it in action for yourself, use SYSTEM_USER. Connect to the server as one of these users and run the following from query analyzer
Code:
select system_user

Thanks lemosley01, that's the answer I was hoping to hear. I appreciate your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back