Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groups - Mailing List

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVC

Technical User
Jul 4, 2001
BE
Hello ,

how can a user make a group so that when he sends a mail to that list , with each member of that group in the adrees-box ( to : .... ) only the name of the group is mentioned and not all the members in it ??
we know how to make groups , but when we mail to that group all the members can see all the other members displayed and that's exactly what we don't want !

tips ? sugestions ?
thanks in advance !!
MVC

Well, the simplest solution is a bcc to the group, since the only name that will be displayed in the email is the sender's. However, if you want the group's name to appear, it can't be in the individual's address book, just the server's. For example, if I have 'Administrators' in my local address book, sending email to that group will "decompile" the names from that group (what you don't want). On the other hand, if I remove 'Administrators' from my local address book, but leave it (of course) in the company address book, when I send email to that group, it stays addessed as 'Administrators.' It's a fluke of how the Notes client handles the name lookups.

Hope this helps. "One fish, two fish,
Red fish, blue fish."

thanks ! this did help me !!

greetings , MVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back