Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupon redemption in Micros 3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abuba3000

Technical User
Apr 8, 2014
GB
Hi,

I'm not sure if this has already been answered but I was wondering if it is possible to be able to redeem Groupon vouchers directly through a Micros terminal by scanning the barcode at the till?

We are currently using 3700 on site and it would be great if we could do this automatically.

I've tried looking online but cannot find an existing solution at the moment.

I'm based in the UK if that makes any difference.

I'm assuming you already have the scanners then, yes?

The groupon coupons - are the bar-codes the same for all of the coupons (of the same type), or does every coupon printed have its own unique bar-code?

It is actually a QR code and everyone is unique.

We will be getting scanners setup if it is possible to do this failing that, is there also a way to manually enter the reference code to be redeemed through the which we are currently having to do on a pc in the back office.

What information is contained in the QR code? Can you scan it and post what gets read off of it?

And does it need to do some kind of call back to some kind of Groupon API, or is all the necessary information contained in the QR Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back