Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping/sorting Methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vise

Technical User
Jul 31, 2003
US
Hi All,

I have a table in Access that I wish to sort and then group. The fields are as follows: shift, line number, and number of errors. I want to sort by shift; group by line numbers( [1,2,4 - sealing];[3,5,6,9 - grouting]; [7,8,10 - locking]), and number of errors per groups. I wish to create a graph according to the number of errors per shift and grouped line. I tried using the wizard in access, to no avail, I can't seem to get the line numbers to group. Thanks for your help!
I want something as such, if possible:

# of errors
|
| each colum represents a group of lines.
| |
| || |
| || || ||
|__|||__|||_____|||__________
8-4 4-12 12-8
Shift
-vise

I'm thinking you could create a separate table with 2 fields...Line# and GroupDesc (sealing, grouting, locking). Create a query linking the two tables based on Line# containing all the necessary fields including GroupDesc and group on that field as desired. You can use the Make Table query to create a new table containing all the fields or just report of the first query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back