Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping question

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel106

Technical User
Aug 1, 2005
US
I have created a Group 2 groups . 1 group (Group#1) is for a sequence id (Group#2) is for a work order.

If i want to see the next work work in the group but only the next work order none of the other work order in the report. example:

GH #1 Seq 1
GH #2 WO 100
WO 130
WO 150

GH#1 Seq 2
WO 100

//I dont wanna see any other work order or if the WO 100 falls after Seq 2 then i dont wanna see any of tem either.

Try supplying:

Crystal version
Datqabase/connectivity used
Example data
Expected output

What I think you've shown above is what the output should be.

Perhaps this will work for you:

Display the Work Order data in the work order group footer instead of the header, and right click the footer and select insert section below.

In the new section place a formula of:

if not(onlastrecord) then
next({table.workorder})

-k

-k

Crystal Version CR9
Database SQL
----------------------------------------------------------
GH #1 Seq 1
GH #2 WO 100
WO 130
WO 150

GH#1 Seq 2
WO 100
WO 130
WO 150

GH#1 Seq 3
WO 100
WO 130
WO 150

Expected data:

GH#1 Seq 1
WO 100
WO 130
WO 150

GH#1 Seq 2
WO 100

GH#1 Seq 3

GH#1 Seq 4

SQL isn't a database, it's a database language. Do you mean SQL Server?

You keep posting what is in a report, data doesn't have GH1's, etc. Solutions are based on your data, not on how you're set up a report that isn't correct.

Also, your example data shows no GH1 seq4, yet your output miraculously has it, and why does GH#1 Seq 2 show the WO 100, yet GH#1 Seq 3 does not?

-k

the reason why GH#1 seq 3 doesn;t show anything is because that what i want my data to do (the whole point of this thread) is to hide data. GH#1 Seq4 was my mistake dont worry about this its ok however how can i increment say a string? say i want to increment my work stations??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back