Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2bike2nv

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2007
US
Crystal Report 8.5.0.217

Is it possible to have 2 different groups for the detail line:

I need to have a report with Top 10 Dollar amount for the customers we ship to (which I already have the Top 10 in place). Each customer has more than one part number shipped to them so I need to group the report with:
Customer name first (which I have in place) now I want to group the part numbers under the customer group (also each part number group will have sub total of the dollar amount that was shipped for that part number and than a grand total for the customer along with a grand total for ALL customers).

Please see attached document that has a sample of the detail lines where the part numbers are all mixed in with the customer name.
How do i go about grouping the part numbers under each customer?

thanks in advance for any assistance here. If you need any other information to assist me let me know and I will get it for you.

Robin

I would use 2 levels of grouping. Grouping by Partnumber, within the grouping by customer. In the grouping expert, be sure that the part number grouping, is below the customer number grouping. You could then total and show the summary info on the part number line, or show the complete detail info, your choice.

Thank you for responding, i do have a question:
Where would I find Group Expert in CR 8.5 I have looked all over and can not seem to find it. If Group Expert is not in CR 8.5 how else would I be able to do this. I see Insert Group but no Group Expert.

it is on a toolbar, you can turn on and off..

Thanks again for getting back to me. :)

after looking on all the tool bars i finally found it in report/change group export. I looked at all the toolbars, and it was no where to be found in Crystal Reports 8.5

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back