Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohioste

Technical User
Apr 21, 2009
US
I seem to be drawing a blank on this problem, even though in my head it seems easy. Could be the cold I'm battling...

So I have two tables that I'm pulling data from:

orders
ord_list

"orders" is a header file that lists all the header data. "ord_list" is a details file and lists all details for the orders table.

We have orders that have a valued added service to them that's not listed in the header file, but part of the ord_list file. For instance, you could order order style "A" and ask for the Value Added Service(VAS) and style "B" would appear as the value added service. It is not mandatory that you get the VAS.

Each order has a different agreement on when it is needed to ship. If an order does not have a VAS line item, the agreement is one day, if it does, the agreement is two days.

I've written a formula that will flag the order line if the VAS style is on the order.

When I've grouped this, I've grouped this by a bill to formula that looks at if an order has a VAS style and adds "VAS" in front of the customer name or if it does not, it just lists the customer name. Then the order number is grouped after that.

What's happening is it's breaking the order into two parts. The VAS style will be under the group VAS Customer Name but the rest of the order will be under just the customer name.

I need to summarize this by Customer Name so I can't have an order breaking between the two.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I don't understand why you are grouping on your formula that flags those with a VAS. Why wouldn't you just group on the Order No?

Please provide more details about what you re trying to achieve.

Cheers
Pete

I'm grouping on the field that is using a formula to indicate if a bill to has a VAS.

So for instance, if someone orders online(we will say is bill to "A") and does not get a VAS then the SLA is one day and I want to be able to measure against that.

If someone orders online (still bill to "A" because it's online) and gets a VAS, I want to show that as a different group with a different agreement on how many days it will take to ship.

The formula that I wrote looks at the styles on that order and if it has a certain style, it will flag is a VAS service and add "VAS" in front of the bill to name.

The issue I'm running into is because I'm grouping on the formula and not the order #, it's separating the order # into two groups. The VAS service SKU is going under the VAS bill to and the non VAS SKU is going under the non VAS bill to.

Any help is appreciated.

I ended up just not breaking up the groups between VAS and normal. I just listed another column to show the VAS orders vs the normal orders.

Sorry for putting this out there.

Thanks,
Ryan

I'm trying to envision what you're trying to produce. Are you trying to get this:

With VAS
Customer1
Order 1 VAS
Order 2 Not VAS
Order 3 VAS

Customer3
Order 1 VAS
Order 2 VAS

Without VAS
Customer2
Order 1 Not VAS
Order 2 Not VAS

Customer4 ...

The only way I can see to do that is with subreports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back