Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping Crosstab Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllieFant

MIS
May 15, 2001
US
I need to create a dynamic crosstab report that allows me to group the results.

I need to group on Functional Area and Category and then do a count of how many times each Control Number has been used. The report will be for the last 12 months. Each time a new month starts, the oldest month will drop off. I need it to be dynamic as I am going to have it so that the user can select between two dates (never more than a year apart) and don't want to have columns just hanging out and not being used.

I have an example of a dynamic crosstab report that works great. I tried having a report with sub reports, but the headers are not shown when a report is used as a subreport (at least I can't get it to work).

Anyone have any ideas how I can create this report?

Thanks!
Lena

Duane,

I have figured out how to do the dynamic crosstab report (thank you for the link). What I am looking for it how to have group headers for the different Functional Areas and Categories.

I will read the FAQ you provided and see if it gives me any hint on how to have these group headers though.

Thanks for taking time to provide me with information.

Lena

Using Access 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back