Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping Charts in an MS ACCESS Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laure

Technical User
Dec 13, 2000
US
I am trying to create a report that has charts that are grouped by certain fields. For instance, When I run a report I need it to show a chart with information for each value of a certain field. When I insert the chart in the group header it just prints the same chart for each value and doesn't change. When I try to link the chart to the report it says I can't link unbound forms. Any ideas?

Nevermind! I figured it out.

I'm having trouble with this same thing. It's finally working a little. Here's the wierd part. When I open the report it shows the same data for each group. If I change to design view and back to preview it looks right.

Can anyone explain this or help?
Thanks a bunch!
Andrea

I have the same problem as Laure in the preview part is shown the same chart, it doesn't change. So please if somebody knows how to do it, please! let us know.

Resi

I can't remember exactly what I was doing wrong. I do have my report set up now grouped by hospital then by department and my chart is linked to the department. My chart is in the department header. I noticed I had to type the name of the field (department) into the "Link Child Fields" and "Link Master Fields" properties. I hope this might help.
Laure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back