Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping and Supressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

polynominalc

Programmer
Feb 11, 2004
GB
Hi,

I am running Crystal Reports 9.

My problem is I have created a formula to group data, there are however 9 records that do not meet the criteria and show up in the report. I have used the section expert to suppress them from the report. When I do a count the records still show up in this count.

Q1 Is there a command I can add to my grouping forumula to remove them from the report without having to use the section expert? If not how can I ensure that the records are not included in the count I am running.

Thanks

PC

Do you want to exclude a group entirely, or do you want to exclude the 9 records from the report? I am unsure what you want.

This will be resolved with either a group selection formula or a record selection formula. You should never (well, almost never) suppress records, you should exclude them from the report entirely with a selection formula. As you have discovered, suppressed records are still being evaluated in your report.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I have a group level formula as below

If {@age} > 5 and TSSEVERITY = "High" then "High" else
If {@age} > 10 and TSSEVERITY = "Medium" then "Medium" else
If {@age} > 20 and TSSEVERITY = "Low" then "Low"

Any records that dont fall into this fall into an blank group, is there something I can add to this formula to exclude them

Regards

Mark

I don't really like this formula but I suppose it works...execpt for not defining outliers

//@GroupFormula
If {@age} > 5 and TSSEVERITY = "High" then "High" else
If {@age} > 10 and TSSEVERITY = "Medium" then "Medium" else
If {@age} > 20 and TSSEVERITY = "Low" then "Low" else
"Others";

Now try this in a Group selection formula...(not Record Selection

{@GroupFormula} <> &quot;Others&quot;;

that might work

Jim Broadbent

The quality of the answer is directly proportional to the quality of the problem statement!

Hi Mark

What about doing this. In your grouping editor dialog, set the sort order to &quot;In specified order&quot;. Then put them in the order High, Medium, Low. Then on the &quot;Others&quot; tab set to discard all others...

That might also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back