Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouped NetScreen's don't show logs properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
We have 2 NS204's which are group together into one logical device. However, when traffic goes through, it seems like not all traffic is logged - why is this? Is there some setting that we need to check or ... ?

I'm not too well up on NetScreens, kind of learning on the job here. If somebody could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Get your Irish Poetry Published

Not clear what you mean by group together as one logical device. Do you mean that you have the two Netscreens configured as an NSRP cluster? Regarding logging of traffic, this is done on a policy basis. So in order to log traffic you must enable it on policy. That also means if traffic is dropped due to implicit deny then this will not log unless you place a policy to deny all and enable logging.

Sorry ... yea, I meant that they're clustered. For the life of me I couldn't remember that word yesterday when I was posting !! It's configured as master and backup.

Yea, it's the policies that I'm referring to - when I check the logs - they don't show that any traffic matched that policy, even thought I know it did. Any ideas why this might be? There's no other policy that it could have matched earlier on in the list of policies either.

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Get your Irish Poetry Published

do you have the log at session beginning box checked? otherwise it will wait for the session to be finnished before it logs it

next to the logging tick box, depending on what version you are using.. I think its version 5.2 and above, but not sure

I think on earlier versions it will only log when the session is finnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back